Based in Reading – Berkshire, Rachel Hotston Landscape Architecture and Garden Design offers an exceptional service uniquely tailored for both Commercial projects and Private gardens, developing designs from housing, health and education to parks, community spaces and small and large gardens.
Rachel provides high quality, professional skilled services of a Chartered Landscape Architect.
- Preparing written advice and recommendations
- Community engagement and consultation
- Developing design solutions and proposals
- Illustrating plans and proposals
- Preparing detailed designs and working AutoCAD drawings to support site implementation
- Specifying plants, construction materials and other elements such as street furniture
- Participating in the tendering process, contract administration and site inspections
We have now worked on a variety of projects together and Rachel is a pleasure to work alongside providing a high quality service that offers flexibility and professionalism. Her innovative contemporary design complemented the building and overall scheme, filling the clients brief and their expectations. I have no hesitation in recommending Rachel and would gladly work with Rachel again. Scott Allen, Allen Associates
Whether you have strong ideas or no idea where to begin, I will develop a design that meets your needs, lifestyle, aspirations and budget.
- Consultation and design brief
- Site analysis and survey
- Planting plan
- Ongoing maintenance schedule
“Living in an AONB, we not only required a landscape design that suited us but also satisfied the local planning authority. Rachel’s skill set of creativity, horticulture, and ability to produce sound architectural drawings was perfect. Rachel took time to understand our brief and produced a scheme that was perfect for us and sensitive to the surrounding countryside. Her service was swift, thoughtful, and creative. We couldn’t have been happier with the result and would not hesitate to use her services again” Fiona Strange, Streatley
Other services may be commissioned with a garden design
- Hard landscape plan & construction details
- Specification of materials and planting
- Lighting design
- Project management
- Local authority liaison
- Sourcing materials and garden features
- Identifying expertise from a network of contractors